Adults, every once in a while you need to spend some time with other adults, having a good time and relieving some of the stress that comes with the pressures of everyday life.
Finding a reason to let loose is the easy part. We all know you could use a night out. It’s the actual celebration part that can be tricky. Fortunately, we have experience in these kinds of parties, and to help you decide on an adults-only party theme, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite creative celebrations.
Pull out your party clothes and call the babysitter. Here are 25 Adult Party Ideas for your next adults-only night out.
Around the World. Find inspiration from different cultures and cuisines of various corners of the globe. How to choose: pick a country, research the typical cuisine, find out the colors of the flags, discover any big and important celebrations that the country celebrates and incorporate those ideas into the party décor, menu, entertainment and more. Need some help choosing? Here are 5 international theme party ideas:
1. Ole!: take your party south of the border with a Mexican fiesta
2. Down Under: put another shrimp on the barbie with an Aussie-themed party
3. Sushi Roll: serve guests Japanese food and east Asian fun
4. Tagines and Mint Tea: explore a traditional Moroccan food experience
5. Rasta Man: relax and have fun with a Jamaican-themed party
Time Warps. Parties from different time periods, decades and even specific dates are great themes. They let people relive fun eras and make them a bit nostalgic for those good times and memories. Pick any interesting decade, generation, era, etc. around which to form a theme, then incorporate as many typical or historical things from that time period into your party as you can. Costumes are encouraged! Try these decade party ideas on for size:
6. Cavemen and Women: going all the back to the beginning
7. Gangsters and Flappers: host a Roaring 20s-themed party
8. Sock Hop: host a 50s-themedparty
9. Plaid Shirts and Beanie Babies: invite guests to help you salute the 1990s
10. Peace and Love: relive a moment in history with a tribute to Woodstock ‘69
Inspired by Movies and Shows. If there’s one thing you can always count on from pop culture, it’s how easy it can be used to create a theme. You can take any particular movie, TV show, book, celebrity or artist and form an entire theme party around it. For example, try these pop culture theme party ideas:
11. The Walking Dead: host a zombie theme party
12. Hollywood Party: dress like your favorite celebrity or celebrity look-a-like
13. Toga, Toga, Toga: watch the classic Animal House for inspiration
14. Game of Thrones: take it way back with a medieval theme party
15. Survivor: create challenges in which individuals compete for points or prizes
Sports Celebrations. As if we need an excuse to host a gathering when there’s a sports game or match on TV, right? Well, in the event that you’re looking for something slightly more involved, then try these 5 sports-themed party ideas:
16. Pre-tailgating: entertain guests while conducting the annual Fantasy Football draft
17. March Madness: it’s an entire month-long excuse to get together with friends
18. Olympics: have groups of four people dress like a country represented in the Olympics and compete in a series of competitions
19. Sandlot Shindig: host a pickup baseball, slowpitch softball or kickball game with friends before barbecuing and having a beer
20. Lawn Games: host a series of lawn games—baggos, croquet, bocce ball, horse shoes—for fun, for prizes or to decide who gets to host the next annual lawn game championships
Just for Fun. There are so many party theme ideas that limiting your pool of possible ideas to just the above would be silly of us! Anything in which you’re particularly interested can be turned into a party theme with a little creativity and effort. Here are 5 more party themes for adult parties:
21. Sun and Sand: prepare a beach-themed Hawaiian luau
22. Stars and Constellations: find inspiration in the signs of the Zodiac for an astrological party
23. World History Party: dress like an historical figure
24. College: relive the good ol’ days with a back-to-school college-themed party
25. Wine Tasting: experiment with friends to find your newest favorite brand or type
The possibilities are endless really when it comes to choosing a theme. Sometimes you just need to see one played out before you can make up your mind.
Is your adults-only gathering a party for the office? If it is, then you’re operating with a whole new set of party planning rules. Our 20 Fabulous Event Tips for Your Next Corporate Party ought to help keep you organized and worry-free.