Hosting An Elegant All-White Party
Summer is in full swing, and that means that outdoor summer parties are also popping up everywhere you look. If you are looking to host an outdoor summer party in the next couple of months but are unsure of how to make your event a memorable one, we have the perfect event theme for you: an unforgettable outdoor all-white summer event.
Bringing the White-Themed Event to Life
When we say “all-white,” we mean all-white. Find white versions of all of these traditional party necessities to truly bring your all-white party theme to life.
- Tablecloths and linen napkins
- Tables and chairs
- Candles and ribbons
- Decorations and flowers
- Plates and glasses
- Menu items and beverages
Putting It All Together
Start with your tablescapes, and use this list to make your all-white outdoor event a smashing success.
- Using solid white tables, white tablecloths, white linen napkins, white dinner plates and white-dusted or white-rimmed drinking and wine glasses, set your tables to suit the number of guests you are expecting to attend.
- Utilize white chairs to match the tables and table dressings.
- Decorate your table with white candles (placed in white or silver candle holders) and plenty of arrangements of white flowers (see below).
- Adorn any décor items with white ribbons.
- Carry the white theme into the rest of your white outdoor summer party decorations, including strands of white lights and plenty of white floral arrangements, among other items.
Need a little help figuring out white flowers? Use any of these all-white beauties:
- White Violets
- Dogwood flowers
- Mountain Laurels
- Baby’s Breath
- White Vervain
The All-White Menu
Work with your caterer to discuss the potential of having an all-white menu for your elegant white outdoor summer party. Utilize all-white food items like these when discussing your white outdoor summer party foods:
- Baskets (lined with white linen napkins) filled with slices of white bread
- Grilled chicken breast or grilled fish as a main entrée
- White-filled sides of white rice, cauliflower or other white-colored items (all seasoned for some extra flavor, of course).
An All-White Summer Beverage Bar
Offer white-themed beverages like these to go with your all-white event theme and white summer party menu:
- Martinis made with vanilla or marshmallow vodka
- White wines—pinot grigios, chardonnays, Rieslings and blends of those three
- Gin and tonics
- Vodka tonics
- Vodka water with a lemon or lime
- Coconut rum and lemonade
- Pina coladas
All-White Summer Party Desserts
Make an all-white plan for your outdoor summer party desserts, too. White summer desserts like these items like will be refreshing and delicious at your all-white summer outdoor party:
- Vanilla-based items
- White cakes and cupcakes (topped with white frostings and white decorations)
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Vanilla mousse
- Vanilla yogurt parfaits with bananas and coconut
- White whipped pies
Every party needs entertainment, and an all-white summer party is no different. Your guests will enjoy these elegant, entertaining activities and performers:
- Dancing on an off-the-grass-and-dirt dance floor
- White wine tasting
- Wine and cheese pairings
- Rhythmic dancers with white ribbons
- Sparklers and light shows
Get Everyone—Even the Staff—Involved
Keep the all-white summer party theme going strong from your invitations all the way through the event and into your party favors. Utilize any (or all!) of these tips to make your white event one to remember:
- All-white invitations (with black or silver writing) will add a touch of elegance from the get-go.
- Asking your guests to dress in white—from head to toe—will allow each guest to truly embody and enhance this all-white summer party theme.
- Ask entertainers, wait staff, bar staff and anyone else who will be inside the event space throughout the party to also adhere to the all-white dress code.
- Do not let your guests leave empty-handed. Give them a parting gift of all-white summer party-themed items such as white-coated candies, white peppermints or butter mints, white colored sunglasses or other white-themed treats.